Saturday, June 5, 2010

Summertime news

I hope everyone has enjoyed their first week or two of summer break. Ours has been pretty quiet which is so nice. Now we look forward to some travel, Cub Scout camp, Young Women's Camp, and AHS band camp.

Rich and I will be leaving Sunday night for Houston. I have an appointment at Dr. Burzynski's clinic on the 14th. Throughout the week there they will be trying different types of chemotherapies to treat solid tumor cancers. They want me to be there for observation and testing.

Now for the news...I had one of my dizzy spells last Wednesday night. I went in to see Dr. Becdach the next day and had an MRI this (Monday, June 7) afternoon. As a precaution he has put me back on a steroid to help with any possible swelling that may be happening. We also heard back from Dr. Falkenburg, my radiation oncologist. She has actually looked at a copy of the previous MRI rather than just reading the radiologist's report and stated that while she feels like no NEW growth has occured at the resection site (where the tumor was able to be removed), the part that was too difficult to be removed does look bulkier. With the MRI today we hope to be able to see more clearly the exact size of the tumor without as much interference from radiation.

Please continue to keep us in your prayers. I will update as soon as I am able. Love you!

Amy

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the trip! I hate to hear about the dizzy spells, not cool! I'm glad to hear that you have a team of experts working on your health.

    Love you! We always have you in our thoughts and prayers!
    Amy & Paul

    ReplyDelete