We received good news today. The MRI showed NO GROWTH since the last MRI in February and as this is such a fast growing tumor we know that the radiation and chemotherapy are doing their jobs. Because this was the first MRI following radiation and since it has only been 4 weeks the doctor has scheduled me for another, more conclusive, MRI for 2 months from now. By then there should be no visual traces (inflammation or swelling) of radiation which was still visible on this scan.
I will continue on the same medication schedule that I'm on now. I'm still having regular bloodwork sent to Dr. Burzynski's in Houston. They are reviewing the MRI and the bloodwork and forming a plan for future treatment. We may be making a trip there as soon as school is over.
The nurses and doctors still comment on "how good/healthy I look". I'm surprised because I don't understand "how" I should look! I know where my strength and good spirit comes from and I am both thankful and humbled by all of the thoughts and prayers that contribute to that spirit and strength. My energy is slowly coming back and we have been enjoying the beautiful weather lately. We are looking forward to summer break though when our schedule will be somewhat more relaxed.
Thank you all again for keeping up with us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm crying I'm so happy! We love you so much and have been hoping to hear news like this! See you in July! Remember, I get back the day Eclipse comes out! Love, Amy and Paul
ReplyDeleteThanks Amy!
ReplyDeleteWe're going at midnight to see it and we have an extra ticket!!!!!!! If it helps your body to adjust to the time change just come on with us!!!!
Fabulous news! We will continue to keep you and your family in our prayers!
ReplyDelete