Today I began my regularly scheduled treatments here locally for the Herceptin. It took less than an hour and I had no problems. They also added the Avastin to the end. In whole I was hooked up from 1-3...not too bad. The Herceptin will be every week with the Avastin every other week. I don't expect any poor side effects from either. Tiredness may be expected but nothing like during radiation. I feel very good about the new protocol and look forward to a follow-up MRI in about 6 weeks and am sincerely hoping to see a definite difference in the size of the tumor.
Dr. Becdach was concerned that the Herceptin would not be easily covered for a Glioblastoma but after some time on the phone with our insurance Rich was able to get it covered. I appreciate all he does on my behalf. I have only to focus on making the decisions I feel comfortable with involving my treatment. Rich is absolutely amazing in taking care of the "business" side of things. What an amazing man I have been blessed with. Thank you, thank you, thank you honey!!!!
On a slightly funny note I am still trying to decide about a solution to my hair loss. I CANNOT commit to going wig shopping! I am just not drawn to a wig. I have never been a "high maintenance" girl and all of that sounds so daunting to me. My best friends from Florida are coming up next week...maybe we can squeak a trip in and see what happens! If I can't choose a wig with my best childhood friends that will be a sign! I met a beautiful woman at the Dr.'s office this week who just shaved her head. She looked absolutely beautiful. I secretly wanted to be that brave...but I also have the scars from my surgery to contend with. Hmmmm...lots of decisions.
As always we appreciate the outpouring of love, prayers, cards, and good thoughts. We truly are surrounded by the most wonderful family and friends. We love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like things are moving in a good direction! Glad to hear it and glad you are home.
ReplyDeleteI bet I know why the girls are coming up! Smile! I'll be there soon enough, too, to see Eclipse with you! Can't wait!
We wish you happiness and can't wait to see you!
Amy and Paul