Thursday, June 17, 2010

Thursday's update

We are about to leave for today's appointment but I just wanted to give a quick update on my herceptin infusion yesterday. Again, the whole point of trying these medications here is that they can evaluate my reactions and responses. I began to have some headache pain and tightness in my chest so they backed it down from a one and a half hour infusion to a 3 hour infusion. That seemed to help a little. The first infusion tends to be the most difficult.

When I return home I will begin a schedule of herceptin and avastin infusions. The herceptin will target the HER2 gene and the avastin targets the blood vessels supplying the tumor.

Today I will try yet another oral chemotherapy called nexavar.

I am thankful to be able to be here at Dr. Burzynski's clinic. I still feel hesitant at taking so many types of chemotherapies but until the tumor growth slows we need to be as aggressive as possible.

We are still learning so much about Dr. Burzynski's antineoplaston treatments and will attend a seminar this evening to gather more information. The infusion nurses were extremely helpful in sharing their experiences in helping patients becoming trained in administering their own treatments. It is very time/labor intensive treatment. I am hoping that as the time comes for the trial to be complete and the medication to become FDA approved that the equipment and processes will be made easier.

Thank you all again for your prayers. I am constantly in a frame of mind that this is part of my Heavenly Father's plan for me. I have much to learn and experience and I'm doing all I can to get better and share my faith with others that I meet.

1 comment:

  1. Take care! I'm looking forward to seeing you when we get back in town and you have Eclipse to look forward too (Silly, I know).

    Love you and we'll be home on the 30th, late. So, I'll give you guys a buzz later on.

    Take care!!!!
    Amy (& Paul)

    ReplyDelete