I have just finished the second day of appointments here in Houston. Yesterday was mostly visiting with the Doctors, running bloodwork, and reviewing tests. Today I began a new oral chemotherapy called Zolinza.
Tomorrow I will try an IV medication called Herceptin. It is a targeted gene therapy still focused on the gene markers that I am testing high in. There is another oral medication I will try by the end of the week as the doctors evaluate my tolerance levels.
It is still overwhelming to learn about and digest the different types of medications but they are all targeted at helping debulk the tumor that is still present and still showing some growth even after radiation. This is the nature of this cancer. It will continue to grow. Our job is to keep trying to weaken it until it cannot grow anymore.
When I return home we will continue this same treatment under the care of our local oncologist, Dr Becdach.
Burzynski's Antineoplastons will start sometime after the growth rate decreases.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow! So, much for you to deal with; I hope that you're doing okay. We are always praying for you. Thank you for the update - we've been wondering!
ReplyDelete