We've been waiting for two weeks to get a trial test result. We finally got the result. Unmethylated. This means the trial at UAB is closed for Amy. We had appointments with radiology and oncology Drs. in Decatur. They are doing research for other trials at locations including Duke and Emery. We aren't ruling any locations out. We are also checking on other ways to get additional treatments like antineoplastons and a "Compassionate use" request for Cilingetide (trial drug that appears to assist temodar in treating unmethylated tumors).
We will update you when Amy starts treatment and where.
Thank you all again for your prayers and gifts.
Rich and Amy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thank you for the update. Your strength continues to amaze me and at least you know you are not alone.
ReplyDeleteLove, Amy and Paul
Your updates are great! So sorry the trial didn't work out. I've been surfing (not that ya'll probably haven't exhausted yourselves on the web!!), but found a doctor at Mayo Clinic that's had some success with Glioblastoma. A minimal number of patients in remission and doing well 5 years after diagnosis. His name is Dr. Jan Buckner. Web link is www.mayoclinic.org/glioma/glioblastoma.html If this is old news, sorry; if not, hope it helps. You all are in our thoughts and prayers every day. Love Peggy and Mike
ReplyDeleteI just found out about your blog. Thanks for keeping us posted. I've been thinking about Amy since my Mom mentioned it a couple of months ago. I wish you happiness and peace, even in turbulent moments. I can see from your blogs that you are both very faithful and enduring. I can't say I would be so strong were I in your shoes. Such a great example. Will keep in you in my prayers. Good luck. Kristi
ReplyDeleteWe continue to pray that you will find the answers you seek. May you continue to receive peace and strength from the Lord as you face this challenge.
ReplyDelete