It's finally my turn to post a message! I am so thankful to Rich for keeping this updated. It has been a blessing to keep people updated so quickly.
I have contemplated for many days what I would post here when I could. I still feel at a loss for words even though I have "rehearsed" what I would write. The most important thing for me to do is to thank you all so very much for every prayer, every fast, and every good thought that has been offered on my behalf. I have felt every single one. I have felt strength, courage, and peace unlike any other time in my life. I know that I have been extremely blessed through the procedure and in my recovery thus far.
Other than minor annoyances I am feeling great. I am able to take care of things around the house with some help from my Super-husband and Super-kids. They have been amazing. We are blessed with family and friends who have helped while we were in the hospital and shortly after we returned home and I am forever grateful to you all. It was comforting to me to know that my children were with people who love them so very much and that they were comforted during that hard time. We have received so many offers of help that we will never be able to accept them all. Please know that we are so thankful and appreciative of every single one.
We do have a bit of an update on heading back to UAB. Rich and I will be going down THIS Wednesday for a follow-up with the surgeon, Dr. Markert, to have my staples removed (thank goodness) and to see the Neuro-oncologist, Dr. Nabors. We were originally scheduled for Jan. 11 but they've agreed to squeeze us in this week. We hope to have information from pathology then as well. We do know that radiation will be necessary to remove the small bit of tumor that was not completely removed during surgery.
Again, all I can do is express my gratitude to each of you and share my testimony of the power of prayer. Words seem inadequate but they're all I have right now. Thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Amy, good to hear from you! It's great to see you posting something on the site! It's been quite a tribulation for you over the past weeks. I wish I was there at least to hang out with you - but, Spore is a little far away for that. So, for now, I'll still continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeleteMuch love,
Amy and Paul