Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year and Oh what a Happy one...

I appreciate the feedback I have been given about establishing this site.  At the time I didn't know what I expected to put here.  I had always hoped for the best, but was trying to be prepared for anything.  Not a lot has changed (this is good!) but to catch you up with what Amy's up to, she is off all her as needed medications.  She is left with an Anti-Seizure and Anti-Anxiety.  She's managing them herself and encouraged me to go to in to work today to get started on my new years projects.  She isn't able to drive, but has our permit-enabled 15 year old Nick. 

We did go out quite a bit on Saturday, went walking at the mall early, then a movie and then went to Wal-Mart to get a few groceries.  Amy couldn't stand to be cooped up any longer.  We also went to church, but had to leave early (sorry everyone we didn't get to see/talk to!).  Around 12:30 while Amy was resting, Nick and I went to a concert his Mom insisted that he go to.  Trans-Siberian Orchestra.  It was a great show, but I think Nick had the drop on me with the music.  I only knew a few songs. 

Things are getting back to normal, and Amy's is healing well.  We don't get to see the doctor until the 11th of January (unless they call back!), so we are just waiting until then.  Amy says the staples have been itchy, so they probably need to come out soon.  Maybe the drugstore sells staple removers!!! JK  Amy has been brewing a post, but I am sure it's overwhelming (more so) to her to know what to say.  I even had a hard time discussing things at our Fast and Testimony meeting.  I know there are other folks out there who have had to deal with a lot of suffering with illness and loss of family and friends and even though Amy's story can offer a lot of hope, I can't help feel that we have been overly blessed.  We know that Amy's well being was in Heavenly Fathers hands, and that through him the Doctors and staff, as well as the tumor it-self's position and other characteristics have helped to bring us to this point.  But neither of us want to be thankless or boasting.  It's difficult to know how everyone will receive our blessings.  We had already been blessed with so many good things.  Anyway, maybe Amy will find the words that can express all of our love and appreciation for all the prayers and well wishes.  I can also say thanks to the extra elfs that have helped to make things easier.  Our Garage door is now operational and all of the gift cards are making it easier for me to work and keep the income flowing...

Well, that's my time for today, I hope I didn't ramble.  I'll update you if the Doctor appointment changes!

Thanks again everyone!

Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment