Saturday, March 9, 2013

Finally some rest


This morning I woke before daybreak.  I had been running through things in my mind to see if I had really done everything I could to uniquely make this day both special for all those that love Amy, but also as simply and beautiful, for Amy herself.

I hadn't marked her spot.  15 mins of thinking how I could just describe it by texting the guy who was to dig it.  10 more to find warm jacket, sunglasses, and other items that I needed.  I started down Danville at 5:50am.  I hate early mornings, but not this one.  No sounds, no radio, just my thoughts.  Was I really putting her where she'd be happy?  Wouldn't she be happy anywhere?  She hated for anyone to go out of their way for her, just keep it simple. 20 miles and 20 mins later I arrived.  Wow, this is so far away.  I remembered thinking that there was so much to tidy up, so much to do.  I moved 4 small pieces of broken timber, then found piece of wood sharp enough to stick in the ground (forgot the marking spray paint).

Just then I turned, listened, looked and felt.  Maybe she could have rested anywhere, her spirit is in heaven, but I had to share what I saw.  This was the place and this was going to be one special day.  As I went to share this I also noticed ... No Cell Service, she'd be pleased.



I can't thank you all enough for sharing your thoughts, memories and support.  I thank each person who participated in any way to keep things flowing since Wednesday.  I am especially sure that Amy appreciated it all.  More than she wanted, less than she deserved, but not by much.  Maybe a few angelic messengers, but that's me being selfish again.

Day by Day.  We will all get through, and if we need a little direction, why not look to someone that we loved and appreciated so well, to see What Would Amy Do?  Follow Him.

Love and support to you,

Rich Hull

2 comments:

  1. I hope you don't mind if I copy this picture! Love y'all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't think of a more peaceful spot.
    Love and support to you all
    Christopher Bartholomew

    ReplyDelete