Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Hey ladies and gentlemen....it's a beautiful fall day here in North Alabama. It's a typical week in our house...busy, busy, busy and this weekend gets even crazier with 2 band performances within a 24 hour period. Friday is a football game and Saturday is the Morgan County Night of Bands. If you're a fan of marching bands it's the place to be! Not a football around...all marching and music!!!! (I love football though....)
I had an MRI last month and the update is fantastic! The little bit of tumor that is there is looking exactly the same as one in June of LAST year (2010). That's no growth, with a little bit of shrinkage in the last year alone. This is fabulous news. We are thrilled. Remission is not a word used lightly with glioblastoma but Dr. Becdach said I'm as close to remission as is possible. If I were on harsh chemotherapies they would take me off of them to give my body a break. Since the medications I am on are not standard of care and have minor side effects we've decided to keep up the regimen. So I will continue my schedule of Tuesday treatments and Wednesday naps. ;)
We are forever thankful for your prayers and thoughts. I am being blessed beyond measure and my heart is full. I am ready to take some other steps in my life and the blessing of health and strength and answered prayers is preparing me physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Joy. Joy. Joy. That is my word for today. Joy. May you all find the joy in your journey this day.
Love,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment