Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Well, here we are in the midst of the wonderful Christmas season. This is also the 2 year anniversary of my diagnosis and surgery. How time passes in odd bursts and lulls. Don't let it pass by without taking full advantage of every opportunity to love those around you.
The MRI results were not what we were hoping and praying for. Mr. tumor has been sneaky and has grown about a centimeter. That's the bad news. But there is lots of good news too. It grew out into the area of resection NOT into healthy brain tissue. Another is that we still have many, many options available. Dr. Becdach has offered his opinion and we are waiting anxiously for Dr. Burzynski's plan. Until then it's business as usual as far as treatments go. Herceptin and Avastin infusions along with a few daily oral medications.
I had a very overwhelming feeling of peace on Friday during the MRI and let me tell you, crying whilst having ones head scanned equals ears full of salty water and tickly trails of tears down the back of ones neck. I supposed that the feeling of peace was for good, positive results but as Rich and I sat in the office after hearing of the tumor growth we understood that it was to prepare me for not so good news. I can't deny feeling disappointed but I also can't deny the peace that was given to me. I have a testimony that our prayers are heard and answered and that the peace I and my family have felt over the last few years comes only from our Savior, Jesus Christ. Let us keep Him close to our hearts especially as we celebrate his birth.
We've been reminded in the last few days of the importance of faith, love, kindness, and strength as two families and our community lost two wonderful teenagers. Please keep the Robinson and Sawyer families in your prayers. Nicholas shared a quote from a former President of our church and I'll close with his words. Let me first say thanks for all of your prayers, thoughts, hugs, and kind words. They are so important to all of us. From Gordon B. Hinckley, “It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers.”
Love, Amy

2 comments:

  1. Amy - what a beautiful posting. Pau and I, both, were in tears. We love you so much. I wish I could be there right now. You continue to be in our thoughts and prayers.

    We were touched by your words. May this season continue to bring you peace.

    Love, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted you to know that even though Justin and I are no longer in AL, we are still thinking of you and your family. We hope nothing but the very best and you are continually in our hearts. We hope the whole holiday season fills you with peace and comfort.

    -The Melvins

    ReplyDelete