Good morning everybody! What a beautiful spring morning we are enjoying here today. I've decided to sit in the sun and read awhile after my treatment today. It's too nice NOT to!
Let me get the business side done and let you all know the status of this guy. My last scan was about a month ago. Instead of an MRI the Dr. sent me to have a PET/CT scan. I was given a syringe-full of glucose with a radioactive tracer....yummmmm, radiation, it's what's for breakfast! (This is the same test that was used for doctors to decide which kidney they would take for my brother.)
I'll try to give you my interpretation of what this scan does. Healthy brain matter has a certain rate at which it takes in the glucose solution. A cancerous tumor's uptake is much much higher. The healthy consumption rate is 3-4 units with a tumor's rate being 12-16. Mine tested at a 4.8. This is phenomenal news!!!! It is stable!!!!! It appears that it's just sitting there in what I call "sulking mode". We are so thankful for this wonderful news.
I am feeling pretty good. I am not taking as many medications as I was previously. I am currently just taking Herceptin and Avastin through my port and Sodium Phenylbutyrate orally as prescribed by Dr. Burzynski. My main hope and prayer is that the combination of these medications will treat the tumor effectively because my quality of life is amazing. I will share more later today but for now I am off to visit my favorite staff of nurses!!! Mandi, Michelle, Audra, Gloria, Jennifer, Amy, Heather, Regina, Chastidy.....Tuesdays are awesome!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We're so happy! We hope and pray it will continue to stay in "sulking mode" and even sulk away some more!! We love you Amy!
ReplyDelete