Wednesday, February 9, 2011

More good news!!!

I'll start with the most important news so you can all scoot back off the edges of your seats because I know that's where you are right now....hehe. The results of my January MRI!
The MRI showed no new growth!!!!! or what my local oncologist, Dr. Becdach, calls stable disease. This is right where he would like me to be. This is his goal for me...to maintain stable disease for as long as possible. Of course we'd like to see shrinkage and necrosis but I'll take stability for now. Now for the second bit of good news.
As some of you may know, I've chosen to be treated by Dr. Stanislaw Burzynski in Houston, Texas. He operates his own personal practice and is treating cancer in new and non-standard ways. We have paid for our visits there and medications prescribed by him out of pocket. We have relied on many donations and have been truly blessed by the generosity of others. After many hours on the phone with our Insurance company Rich was finally able to have Dr. Burzynski approved!!!!! We will now only have copays for our visits and medications. Not only that but the Insurance company has agreed to reimburse us for the past year's expenses!! What a blessing!
This last year has been both a whirlwind and an emotional rollercoaster. We have learned much, we have experienced much, and I hope that I, as well as my family, are better for it. It has not been easy, nor is it anywhere near finished but we have positive outlooks and we dwell on our blessings which are many.
Thank you, friends and family, for your love and prayers. I love you and appreciate each one of you and the place you fill in my life.
Love, Amy

4 comments:

  1. That is fantastic to hear! (Both things!) I feel like congratulations are in order, especially with winning the battle with the insurance company~ that must have seemed like a dream! Seriously, it is wonderful to hear that things are stable. Wonderful, wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Amy! I don't know what to say. To be stable is a blessing and I hope that has given you some relief. I think of you often and hope you know that!

    Also, you guys deserve a medal for getting the approvals through the Insurance Company - fantastic!

    I'm so glad to hear this new.
    I love you,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, this is so wonderful!!! So amazing!! Such a blessing!! I was thinking of you just the other day and prayed for you. The best feeling descended upon me......now I know why.......I am so very happy for the Hull family. Tell your husband hello for me and I hate that he's become a stranger. Your friend, Linda Knowles (CAS)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such wonderful, happy-happy news!!

    ReplyDelete