Translucent...necrosis...no new growth.
Okay, so that's not really 3 words but you get the point. YAY!!!!!!!!
We met with Dr. Becdach, my local oncologist, to get the results of my MRI from last week. We don't have a copy ourselves and he only had the report of the MRI in June to compare this one to so we don't have the specific numbers yet but we will soon. He never used the word "shrinkage" and threw some numbers out but I'd like to read the report myself before I put them here.
The report did describe the remaining tumor as being "more translucent" and showing more necrosis (tissue death). The tumor bed (the area of my brain from which the tumor was removed) showed no new growth with any enhancement (meaning highlighted areas) being the result of radiation treatments. We are so thankful for this good news since I was off of all medications for a few weeks. This good news is close to a miracle.
Speaking of miracles, I was reminded in a talk, given by a wonderful young man who just returned from his mission to California, that faith and prayer must come before the miracle. I tend to be a pessimist/realist and think about or prepare for the worst. I realized, while listening to Weston's talk, how much my faith needs strengthening. I have challenged myself to do a few things that were spoken of during our Ward, Stake, and General Conference talks. (These are special meetings of our church locally, regionally, and worldwide, respectively.) One of those things was to have meaningful prayer morning, noon, and night. I have always been one to offer short silent prayers throughout my day but I am making an effort to set aside time to really kneel and pray. As I have done this more and more often I have felt more strength and energy. I still feel the effects of my condition but I find I have what I need for each day. It is a slowly forming habit to be sure. This has been quite a personal thing to share here but I felt the need to share it nonetheless.
I am thankful tonight for good friends, family, thoughts, sweet messages and cards, and prayers.
Love, Amy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What an awesome God we serve!! So glad to hear such good news! Prayers continue...
ReplyDeleteWe're so happy for your good news!! How humbling to be able to offer a fast of "thanks" this weekend!! Our prayers are with you always!!
ReplyDeleteFantabulous News!!!! Prayers continue and thoughts always!
ReplyDeleteFantastic! So glad to hear the good news. We are always praying for you :-)
ReplyDeleteMiss you!
Hang in there, girl!!! We will continue to keep you in our prayers!
ReplyDeleteLove - The Bartholomews
Just wanted to send a kind word from the Melvins. I hope things are going alright. Haven't heard anything for a while. We are all thinking of you and your family fondly and sending thoughts of love and healing your way.
ReplyDelete-Melody and Justin, (with Aria, Ethan and Owen as well)Melvin (from ITT) <3