Thursday, October 14, 2010

News coming soon

I haven't had much to update lately but that will change soon. I am slowly but surely returning to my medication schedule after recovering from the cyst removal from my tailbone.

In my routine bloodwork the doctors noticed that the number for my liver function was elevated so they are returning one medicine at a time and then checking the level again to find which one was causing the trouble. I have an MRI scheduled for October 28th. Following that test we will probably make a trip back to Houston to follow up with Dr. Burzynski again. His office receives all of the results from tests performed here, along with Dr. Becdach's notes from our visits. They call me once a week to check in.

We hope that even without medication the tumor will not have grown but stayed the same and that as I return to my schedule we will continue to see it shrink away. Keep the prayers coming because we know they work and it gives us strength and comfort to know so many prayers are being said for us.

I recently saw a shirt for breast cancer with the phrase "Fight Like a Girl". A friend of mine directed me to a website that has them in gray, the color for brain cancer. There was another shirt there that read "I've had brain surgery...what's YOUR excuse?" I want one of each!!!!!!haha So, while I don't have much to update at this time I hope that by the end of the month I'll have some more GOOD news to share.

Love you all, Amy

1 comment: