Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Long time no post!

Sorry for the long delay, but Amy has had a bit of a roller coaster of side affects that I will catch you up on.

First let me say she is doing well, except for some unmentionable pain that we are still trying to diagnose.  She was off treatment for a since the 16th, but goes back onto the IV treatment today.

Now for the rest of the story:

Amy starting having pain in her lower back around August 9th, that we eventually suspected was a Polynidal Cyst.  She had issues with this as a teenager.  The doctors treated her for an infection, but no progress was made.  By the time it was diagnosed and we saw the surgeon, they had to do surgery at Parkway Outpatient services the same day (15th).  Surgery went well, and she spent the night and came home the next day.

A couple of days after that, she started having a different pain in her bottom region.  We are still trying to chase down an exact cause of that, though we have some suspicions!

All this excitement (?) has kept us from getting back to Burzynski's Clinic.  We did send the bloodwork for then next genetic test to see if there is progress on the Tumor "Expressions".

Sorry again for both the delay and the short post, but I will try to post for Amy during these times when she doesn't feel up to it.

Thank you all so much for your prayers and messages of comfort.  Keep them coming as they are what is sustaining all of us!

I wish you all well,

Rich

4 comments:

  1. RICHARD HULL!!!! You should have approved this post with me!! ;) Let's just say, folks, have you seen the commercial with the woman on the bike????? Yeah. (I can't believe I just typed that for all the public to see...)

    I was on quite a few antibiotics and they have caused some issues that are making my daily living quite uncomfortable. But I hope that everything will continue to heal and I can continue treatment as planned. I want MORE shrinkage!!!!!!!

    I have to be honest and say the last few weeks have been difficult just dealing with the surgery, pain, and associated issues. I was also dealing with the death of two people with the same or similar disease I have. One had dealt with it for just about the same time I have and the other had battled for 7 years. I am quick to cry and had a full blown "come apart" to Rich a few nights ago. It just seemed like everything was going wrong. I have slowly been able to pull myself up (while praying constantly for strength) over the last few days. I have to force myself out and about but it does help. My favorite times were helping with Zachary and Samantha's Grandparent's Day at their schools. I will also be helping in their libraries as I can.
    I am so thankful for understanding teachers who love my children and watch out for them. Please continue to pray for Rich as he shoulders so much more than he normally has to. He has been up with the kids every single morning, letting me rest. I love him so very much.

    One last thing I want to add from tonight's family prayer...it was Samantha's turn and she closed with asking Heavenly Father to help mommy keep fighting the cancer and feel better. Well, of course I was crying, and as we all said Amen and brought our heads up she happily proclaimed "I made mommy cry!!!!" She was so happy about it, like that meant it was a REALLY good prayer!!! But that's exactly what this is...a fight...and I plan to put up a good one.

    Thank you all for your love...I love you all too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update. I hope Amy is able to find relief and things go well for her.
    Julianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, if you can't sit, that just means more cuddle time in bed! :o)

    The Lord fully understands a "coming apart" - our physical bodies deal with stress much differently than our spiritual selves! I hope you still feel perfectly upright and acceptable before the Lord even if you "freak out" everyone once in a while!

    We love you and pray you will be blessed with continued strength!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well - if it's out there, it's out there!

    Since we're so far away from each other it's great to hear the updates - even the ups and downs.

    We're always thinking of you and wishing you peace - in heart and mind.

    We love you!
    Amy and Paul

    ReplyDelete