Wednesday, March 3, 2010

One treatment down...29 to go!!!

Today began my radiation treatments. They are going in at 7 different angles, including through the very top of my head. I know this sounds very vain but this is the first time I've really thought about losing my hair. After surgery I just parted my hair a little differently to cover the area that was shaved. Hair lost during radiation will never grow back. I will have 7 bald patches on my head. Ladies, I'm going to need some serious styling help!!! I don't know if I'm a wig woman. Too bad they couldn't aim it somewhere useful...like under my arms. Then I'd never have to shave there again.

Tomorrow I go in at 9:40. Jeff, the technician working my machine, offered to let Rich join him in the "safe" room to watch how the treatment goes. There are a ton of yummy restaurants close by plus a Starbuck's. I'm already planning on getting my favorite Caramel Apple Spice!! I'm hoping that my energy level will remain steady enough to keep the following schedule: getting all the kiddos off to school, working out at the gym, home to get ready for the day, head to Huntsville for treatments, then back home to rest a bit or get things done around the house before the kids arrive. My greatest joy is being a wife and mother. I just want to be well enough and have energy enough to take care of my family.

1 comment:

  1. My friend is a Cosmetologist. I have already talked to her about everything that has been going on. She knows a great place in Madison to get wigs. She has some family members that had cancer and she got them wigs from this place. From what I have heard, they look really great. She said if you ever decide to get one that she would love to go with us to find a good one!

    ReplyDelete