Friday, February 5, 2010

Travel Set!

Wow!  Thank you all so much for the advice and assistance.  I now realize that I need to think further ahead.  But the good news is....

Flight, Check!
Hotel, Check!
Transportation, Check!

We will be able to go, weather permitting!

While we did have this immediate need, and multiple offers to fill, please understand that we are trying to hold off requesting things unnecessarily until we begin some course of treatment(s).  Either of these courses of treatments we are seeking will have needs associated with it, but it is still too early to know what those needs are.  Some of our 'special' people are lining up things that will allow more people to assist, but until the treatment(s) begin, it would be premature to ask.  If only there were treatments that would be effective closer by!

I am still being amazed at how many people we haven't reached to inform about Amy's Cancer (Spread the word, pass on the blog link!).  As I talk to more people, I am equally amazed at how many people have relatives or friends that have had so many different experiences with their treatments.  At first I was taken aback by how the Doctors had such reserve about the prognosis, but each was emphatic that we seek out all treatment options and how much staying positive was one of the most beneficial to all treatments.  Most also were willing to share their beliefs that truly only God can direct someone to the correct treatment that will work best for them.  In the end, the Doctors also don't have all the answers, they too are dependent on the researchers to assist those with resources and patients with the right situation to pursue the cutting edge treatments.

As we are praying to know where to go and what to do, we have felt that guidance and yet it is hard to finally dismiss one treatment over another.  We are truly blessed to be able to seek treatment at multiple locations and to have such great friends and family who can assist us in doing so.

Thank you all for your support and prayers, they are truly sustaining us and the kids. It is interesting though at times they seem to act like nothing's wrong... I think this too is a blessing for them!.

Your loving friend,

Rich Hull

No comments:

Post a Comment