Likewise, in the Book of Mormon there is a scripture that presents the point even more directly, where Jesus after teaching the apostles, turned to the multitude and said this:
- 20 And awhatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, which is right, believing that ye shall receive, behold it shall be given unto you.21 aPray in your families unto the Father, always in my name, that your wives and your children may be blessed.
I know I have prayed many times since we first found out Amy's condition. I was driving home with another dad who attended Zachary's field trip. Even then I didn't know the extent of what they found, just that it wasn't good. I prayed then that she would be comforted until I could get there. But looking back, I am not quite sure I have been so bold to ask my Heavenly Father to heal Amy. It has now occurred to me of what I should be praying for:
1) That Amy's doctors will successfully remove the tumor from hear head without complications.
2) That Amy's tumor is not cancerous.
I know it seems a little greedy, but it is the desire of our family.
Friends, family, acquaintances, and anyone who reads this, please join me in kneeling to the one true GOD, our Creator and our Heavenly Father who loves us, and pray for these things in the name of Jesus Christ, sincerely believing that it is within his power to grant. And believe.
Thank you again for your efforts, thoughts and prayers,
Your humble friend,
Rich Hull
We are also praying that she will have a complete recovery without setbacks and can quickly resume the care and nuture of the children (as that seems to bring her such great joy!). We also pray for the doctors to provide excellent care, opinions and choices, and that you and Amy will make the best decisions possible! We pray for your children to feel the love and comfort of the Savior during this time and can later look back on this experience as a faith-building one as they feel the great outpouring of the Lord's Spirit and tender mercies.
ReplyDeleteThere are many people ready to assist with ANYTHING that the Hull family may need. Just let us know where, how and when we can help!
Ditto what Tami said, but also know that there are LOTS of folks all over praying for: a successful surgery, a complete healing and that each of you will feel the love and comfort of the Lord during this time of testing and trial.
ReplyDeleteMy heart aches for what you are having to endure at this time . . . but you will not be left alone nor comfortless. Amy has a special place in my heart . . .
I wish you could have heard Joel lead his first public prayer at church tonight. He wasn't a bit nervous (after refusing to pray so many times before). It wasn't a very long prayer, but he asked the Lord to "please be with Mrs. Amy during her surgery Tuesday and help her feel better." We are all praying for you. We love you all so very much!
ReplyDeleteThank you for setting this up; I think about you often, Amy, and love you very much. Please know Paul and I will be praying for you today during your surgery.
ReplyDeleteLet peace be with you,
Amy and Paul A.