Thursday, December 24, 2009

Going Home!!! - Shhhhh

I'm stealing a moment to update.  After a really long shower and a lot of encouragement, Amy has finally agreed with the doctors about going home.  We'll leave after her next batch of medications.  The kids are having dinner with grandparents Hull and spending the night with grandparents Smith.  It will still be a few days before she'll be ready for visitors.  We are likely only going to let one or two kids at a time to visit.  She gets overloaded and excited and then doesn't feel well.  When she finally agreed and let it catch on, she was VERY excited!  It took 30 mins before she'd calm down. 

We are so very blessed that everything up to this point that we've prayed for has come true.  With >95% removed, gamma radiation should have no problem taking care of it.  I know the surgeon won't comment before pathology, but a surgery nurse called the mass vascular.  Searching "vascular tumor" returns that it is a rare tumor (<1% of all brain tumors) and is non-cancerous.  We are still praying for this miracle. 

We have had friends and families from various faiths pouring out their hearts to Heavenly Father and it has been obvious.  I waited 12 hours in a waiting room and didn't get anxious or nervous the whole time.  I thank all of you again and again each time I pray.  We may not have many updates until next week, but maybe I can post a few Christmas pics with permission of my dear wife. 

6 comments:

  1. I prayed a special prayer for your family tonight Rich during Christmas Eve services. I felt such peace at God's answer. Now I am home and see this posting from you. Merry Christmas Rich. You and your beautiful family have been truly blessed this holiday season. Your friend,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another CHRISTmas miracle!! So happy to hear Amy's coming home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home!!!! It is wonderful knowing that you are next door where you belong! Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! What a Christmas gift for Amy = sleeping in her own bed!! Welcome home Amy and Rich! We hope and pray she thrives in her own enviroment and without those pesky nurses every two hours! We are just amazed and so thankful for every bit of good news, and continue to give thanks to Heavenly Father for His mercy and kindness to all of you!

    Love, The Maloney's

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Guys - glad to hear the news. It sounds like Amy is getting feisty! She'll need to be to keep fighting this away. She's strong and she'll persevere. Keep well Rich!
    Love, Amy and Paul

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rich,

    I am an old friend of Amy's (through Middle School with her, Jenny, Mandy, etc.) and have been praying for her since I found out about her pending surgery. Your entire family is in my prayers and I am so happy to hear she is home. Thank you for this blog so I can keep updated about my dear friend. Merry Christmas!
    ~ Mary Jo (Oakler) House

    ReplyDelete