The first 2 months of 2012 have flown by. From November to April it's a constant party central around here as we have not only the holidays to celebrate but also all 7 of our birthdays! We had a very special event take place this month as Samantha turned 8 and was baptized. What a wonderful event for her and for our family. Not only was she such a special surprise to our family she definitely put the exclamation point at the end! I am very thankful to be here and feel well enough to experience that special day with her.
The results of my last MRI came in on Tuesday. The tumor is stable! No new growth detected. There are some areas of concern though that are described as "enhancement". I guess it could also be described as swelling or irritation. They can be attributed to EITHER surgery or radiation, both of which took place 2 years ago. I've learned that damage caused by radiation sometimes is not known for MANY years after the treatment. That's disheartening to hear. That also means it's back on a steroid for me....yuck. Fortunately, it's a low dose so maybe I won't be a complete raving lunatic alllllll the time.
As far as treatment, this means I'll continue of my small and somewhat "easy" regiment of IV Avastin treatments and daily oral doses of Dr. B's PB. My biggest complaint is still fatigue and I'll take it. I consider my naptimes my healing time. Bring it on!!!
So, let's focus on blessings. Another soccer season is upon us with Jennifer and Nicholas both playing for their school soccer teams. Katelyn is preparing for her first high school play and it's one of my favorites, "Guys and Dolls"! She's a Hotbox dancer so I've got to recruit my brothers to help me blindfold all of the boys in the audience whenever they come out to dance. I've mentioned Samantha's baptism which was such a special day. As for Zachary he was just awarded his Arrow of Light at Scouts tonight and "crossed the bridge" into the Boy Scout troop. I'm loving my church calling as the Beehive Advisor. I teach the young women ages 12 and 13. These young women are amazing and so wonderful to be with and to learn the gospel with. I love and appreciate each one of them.
I'm so thankful for my husband who keeps me going on my bad days. No, he keeps me going every day. The smallest things mean the most. And giving up watching the SciFi channel at night before bed so I don't have nightmares might not have been an easy thing for him!!! love you babe!!
And these little munchkins....they amaze me everyday. I'm thankful to be "mom". Even if it's mumbled, grumbled, whispered in embarrassment, but especially when it's preceeded by the words "I love you" which it is very often. I'm so thankful for these sweet, spunky little guys.
And I'm extremely thankful for the prayers said for me and for our family. We truly feel them as we continue to find peace, happiness, and joy even in the midst of trials. I can't begin to list the many acts of kindness that are shown to us. Please know that you lift our spirits and we pray daily that we can do the same for others.
Much love,
Amy
We will patrol that theater and just camly sit down by any boy looking a bit too closely and say...hmmm you like those dancing girls huh? Well why don't we have a chat...THEN out comes the chorophyll and somehow he finds his way out back...lol!!! When is that play anyway? Gotta keep reminding me so I don't forget.
ReplyDeleteOH and YAY for good results!!! Boo to bad result and we say GO AWAY YOUR NOT WELCOME HERE ANYMORE!!!
lol...I totally agree with Jeremy!! And Alan said he can provide his services for the night of Katelyn's play...but he want's to know if it is okay if he tasers any of the guys that are staring. He promised that he would only use it if necessary and that he would not get ANY enjoyment out of it...bahahahaha.
ReplyDeleteWe love y'all!!! :D