Friday, July 30, 2010

Busy week!

********* (Ends medical updates)

Dr. Buckner was able to put my port in yesterday (Thursday). The surgery was quick and I was home and resting by the afternoon. I'd take this procedure anyday over my surgery in December! :) Mom was my date for the day so we had a good time talking during our waiting time. My neighbor Mauda, works at the surgery center, so she popped her head in to say hi as well. I am a little sore in the areas of insertion but that should be gone within a few days I think.

This morning (Friday) I had an MRI. I usually have them at the Open MRI but this time I was sent to a new machine behind the hospital. It was odd because it is literally in a truck outside the hospital...like a bloodmobile. The machine itself is neat because while it is a small, tight machine the whole inside lights up. I didn't feel uncomfortable at all. Once the results have been reviewed by the radiologist and Doctors we will make further decisions regarding treatments.

********
Our family's energy now is focusing on getting ready for school. Everyone is buzzing. We're spread between 4 schools again...Nicholas in 10th at Austin, Katelyn and Jennifer in 8th and 6th at Cedar Ridge, Zachary in 4th at Leon Sheffield and Samantha in 1st at Benjamin Davis. Thank goodness that LS and BD work together so much! We're so thankful for the magnet school program! We love the teachers and staff so much and have always loved our experiences there.

Band camp ended with Family Night tonight. Nicholas did a fabulous job beginning on the quads this summer. They are HEAVY!!!!!!!! It was a rough week with heat indexes well over 100 at times. They hung in there though. I wish I could have helped more like I did last year...but hey, we've got 2 more in us at least...longer if Katelyn continues with the saxophone or in Visual Ensemble..and then we'll see where the other kids lead us! They've chosen Music of Faith as their theme this year and the songs are beautiful. Totally appropriate for the needs of this family at least! We can't wait to see the full show.

One last thing I want to share is my testimony of prayer. Everything is possible with prayer. That doesn't read everything is perfect with prayer....just possible. We ask for guidance, strength, hope, faith, patience, and to be an example of our Savior to those we meet. Do we get all of those at once? Of course not, but if we take the time to look for them, we see them in small and sometimes not so small things that happen around us. In conversations we have with friends, family, and strangers.

We may never know the impressions we leave on others as we travel in and out of each other's days. I just hope that someone feels lightened or cheered after talking with me. I am so thankful for the path my life has taken me on. I was healthy enough to carry and deliver such beautiful, healthy children, I was able to donate a kidney to my brother, and I have so many people thinking of and praying for me now. All things are possible.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! You have been very busy! I hope the port is a HUGE success and decreases your pain and aggravation.

    Just wanted to thank you for this very special blog. You are so positive and upbeat! Thank you for sharing your testimony of prayer. It was really meant for me to read your words, "everything is possilbe with prayer". Thank you and Rich and your family for the very strong examples you are at me. My life is blessed by knowing your family. We will continue to remember you in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the best sister in the world! You are so awesome Amy. You are such a great example to all of us. I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always feel lightened and cheered after talking with you! We need to plan a girls' night out sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete